Indie game favorite Nidhogg will look less abstract in its newly announced 2017 sequel. Developers Messhoff just revealed the game, titled... Nidhogg II, with a trailer and some PR-provided bullet points:
- Completely overhauled detailed environments and animations
- 10+ levels of fencing goodness
- Local and online multiplayer and tournament mode
- Play single-player against a series of AI opponents with occasional special challenge rounds
- New soundtrack featuring music by Mux Mool, Dose One, Daedelus and more!
The developers are promising “The same fast-paced hilarious stabby action you’re use to from the first Nidhogg, with more weapons, more music, more levels… and MORE FUN!”
Here’s a GIF:
Here’s what the first Nidhogg looked like:
And here’s your author and the original game’s developers in 2011, just for kicks:
A press release for the new sequel states that Nidhogg II is “coming to PC and maybe some other platforms” next year.
Note: The original headline for this story described the game as a Jousting game when it’s clearly a Fencing game. The headline has been changes and the author has been properly skewered.