Greetings, open threaders. As we roll into the evening (or night on the East coast, or morning across the ocean), here is our daily open thread, in which we can talk, type, rant and rave about anything at all, or nothing in particular.
For a conversation-starter today, I'm going to write a poem. It's about the mouse I can hear in my ceiling.
It's called "Scratch, Scratch."
I hear you.
Running along the tiles
mere feet for me;
for you, a mile
Are those your claws?
it gives me pause
I hope you're small
and that you never
tumble through the ceiling
onto my head.
Okay! …er, if that wasn't enough of a conversation starter for ya, here are some things I found around the internet.
- Kathryn Bigalow's new movie Kill bin Laden may not come out until after the 2012 election - at least video game release dates aren't subject to this kind of scrutiny.
- Here is an imagined showdown between Thought Catalog and McSweeny's - It is pretty funnny.
- Comics Alliance looks back at Mark Hamill's career as Joker - after the tweet that he might be retiring from the role for good.
- M83. has a new record out, and it's super-good - If you're into that sort of thing, anyway. You can see a video for the first single on their website.
- Stacie Ponder, aka "Final Girl," is doing a horror movie per day through Ocrober - What horror flicks are you watching this month? Any Halloween regulars? I just rewatched The Descent and dear god that movie is awesome.
Talk amongst yourselves!