Twelve world wonders, strewn across a massive landmass, all overrun with monsters. And it's your job to clear them out, of course.
Wayward Wonders is a CTM or Complete The Monument map, meaning that the objective is to collect blocks—in this case, by defeating the monsters at each of the dozen world wonders, seen below:
The "main quest" involves collecting twelve blocks from the wonders and a thirteenth one from the final boss—all the while dealing with the usual Minecraft survival stuff, like crafting, finding food and building shelter—but there's also a crapton of collectibles and side quests, making this a bit of an open-world RPG experience. Check out the list of features:
- Two monuments to complete (28 blocks total; 15 optional)
- Customized bosses, minions, hostile mobs, tamable mobs, mob gangs, and villagers
- Customized dungeons, temples, villages, and loot
- Side quests, moral choices, and NPC tasks
- Customized and unique items, potions, and enchantments
- Spirit Stones (13 total) that give temporary buffs
- A Fast Travel system, Spawn settings, and optional random location teleports
- Legendary weapons, tools, and armor
- Dozens and dozens of armor sets
- Triggered events, XP gains, dialogues, and game rules
- Experience shops and customized villager trading
- Command block-powered fluidity (no mods needed!)
- Open world freedom and random encounters
- Customized terrain
- To-scale Ancient Wonders of the World!
Here's a sample of the included wonders:
And a short video where the creator explains what the map is all about:
If you're interested, visit Wayward Wonders' official thread on the Minecraft Forum for the download. It's relatively large at 665MB, and as a result, loading times are a bit long as well, so expect some waiting time when you first head in-game.
Dayshot is an image-based feature that runs every morning, showcasing some of the prettiest, funniest game-related screenshots and art we can find. Send us suggestions if you've got them.
Questions? Comments? Contact the author of this post at andras-AT-kotaku-DOT-com.