Dream Daddy is a dating sim headed to Steam on July 13. In it, you’ll help sexy dads hookup with other dads. Naturally, the game announced itself to the world on Father’s Day.
While the dads themselves look varied enough—beard dad, dad bod dad, alcoholic dad—it’s the things they say that are really selling me on Dream Daddy. Things like “You want the last piece of Havarti?” and “Got anymore of that wild in ya?” Dream daddies indeed.
Here’s the teaser:
Developed by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray through Game Grumps, Dream Daddy pitches itself as “this year’s most anticipated Dad-based game” in which the dad you play as and his daughter move into a new neighborhood chock full of single dads. Also mini-games!
Here’s what’s in the game according to its Steam page:
- 7 dateable Dads
- Dad character creator - Create your Dadsona!
- Multiple endings per-Dad
- Voiced by the Game Grumps and friends
- Written by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray
- Artwork and pinups by Shanen Pae, J.N. Wiedle, Anna Pan, Tyson Hesse, Ellen Allsop, Evan Palmer, Ego Rodriguez, and many more!
- Original score by Jesse Cale
- Dad-themed mini and micro games throughout each date path
- So many Dad puns. Like, to the point where it made us all uncomfortable
The game is still a month out from releasing on PC which means there’s plenty of time plan out your perfect dad (sorry actual dads).