A golf Game with delightfully precious-looking sprites and vibrant-pixelated greens? Yes, please.
Created by Sidebar Games, Gold Story mashes together leisure sporting events with simulated town life in what seems like a modern day Town & Country Surf Designs: Wood & Water Rage crossed with Stardew Valley, because what’s a game these days without weird NPCs always trying to tell your their problems? Here’s the reveal trailer released yesterday:
On the game’s site, Sidebar writes,
Here are some of the things you can do in the game:
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links.
- Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.
There’s no official release date yet but the developer says it’s planning on bringing Golf Story to the Switch sometime this summer.