You got something you want to talk about that doesn't even come close to being video game related? Here you go. This is the open thread reserved for that kind of discussion. Welcome back to the work week, Kotaku open thread readers!
I was pleasantly surprised to receive my copy of Jim Guthrie's Sword & Sworcery LP: The Ballad of the Space Babies in the mail today. It's the first vinyl record I've purchased in many, many moons, partly because I no longer have a functioning record player. But I used to blow way too much money on everything from 5" mini-records to 12" LPs. You couldn't get The Mummies on CD back then, kids, and I had a fairly complete Man... or Astro-man? singles collection.
Anyway! If you want to read a lot about the death of Osama bin Laden—have you heard?—here are a few links.
- NY Times actually "stops the presses" to include bin Laden's death on front page - They were halfway through printing a dramatically different paper.
- And here's the trailer for Page One - A documentary on the New York Times newsroom. Looks great.
- The teacher who vowed not to shave until bin Laden was killed or captured... - Has shaved!
- Here's Time Magazine's bin Laden "X" cover - Reserved for the likes of Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein and, er... Japan.
- In non-bin Laden news, some details on Quentine Tarantino's next movie - Django Unchained, as its known, is a "Southern" and slavery revenge tale.