While Gearbox Software has been busy readying at least two batches of downloadable content for shooter-RPG Borderlands, it's also gotten around to addressing many of the game's long-standing quirks, bugs and sources of player frustration.
Perhaps most notable are fixes focused on the loss of skill points and character data. Equally as welcome are changes to the display of item attributes, letting players see a weapon or shield's full specs, more skills that actually work as intended and the option to turn off auto-aim. As in really turn off auto-aim.
The update is available now for the Xbox 360, "soon" for the PlayStation 3 and "in progress and in testing" for the PC version.
There's a lot here. Read the full change list below.
- * Characters that have lost skill points will have them returned the next time they are loaded
- * Most instances involving character data loss when playing online should no longer occur
- * Item cards now display the intended five lines of text
- * Achievements should now unlock properly. Players should automatically receive achievements that did not unlock correctly
- * Fixed a progression issue in the Find Steele mission – characters affected by this issue should now be able to continue progressing
- * Some issues involving external data manipulation of the backpack and character level have been addressed
- * The auto-aim option should now fully disable auto-aim properly
- * Fixed a bug that kept challenges and achievements from unlocking for the rest of a session after visiting arenas
- * Fixed some formatting issues with the server list screen.
- * Fixed an issue causing servers to report the incorrect plot mission.
- * Proficiency progress to the next level should no longer be lost when leaving a multiplayer game as a client
- * Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill now works as intended
- * Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings
- * Mordecai's "Loaded" skill now increases mag capacity by 20%
- * Roland's "Scattershot" skill has had its spread adjustment corrected, and damage now increases at +5 per level