Welcome back to "Backhanded Box Quotes," a collection of measured, thoughtful criticism from the user reviews of Metacritic.
This week we examine games from two series that frequently are accused of impersonating each other: Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Halo 4.
Released: Nov. 13.
Critic: MasterOfMetroid (Metacritic)
• "I can't believe I waited in line for this."
Critic: ChrisTB (Metacritic)
• "CoD ... CoD never changes."
Critic: rmartinezdl (Metacritic)
• "I dont get why Activision keeps renaming their Single Player Campgain dlc ($10) and take 1 **** year to release a weapons/map patch, and why on earth is this patch $60."
Critic: Badonkadonk (Metacritic)
• "The critics are raving about this, but I guess Activision has been paying this off because this game is absolute garbage."
Critic: jnova80 (Metacritic)
• "Bro Fest 2012! Get your TapOut shirts and dubstep ready! This one is shaping up to be the biggest gathering of pointless nonsense we have ever seen!!!"
Critic: nufrequency (Metacritic)
• "If you or your kid have been diagnosed with ADHD ... or Kalnienk vision disorder this game is designed especially for YOU!"
• "This is not the Black Ops game you were hoping for... This is Super Turbo Edition !"
Released: Nov. 6.
Critic: StoneSoldier (Metacritic)
• "It's more like MW dressed up, right from the stupid climbing sequence right from the start."
Critic: Franky4Fingurs (Metacritic)
• "Think of Disney redoing star wars but the theme music doesn't start while the words are scrolling..."
Critic: BadmanFaust (Metacritic)
• "Best Call of Duty Game Ever!"
Backhanded Box Quotes will be an occasional feature of Kotaku's Anger Management, unless it isn't.