Kotaku, readers. Give yourselves a hand. Against insurmountable odds, we've made it through another workweek. Tonight, the open thread's on me. No cover charge, but there is a two conversation minimum. Please have your IDs ready.
I'll leave you to it, talkers. Go ahead and talk amongst yourselves. And if you haven't done so already, go watch 13 Assassins on Netflix streaming if it's available in your area. I'm going to go to Germany. See you on the other side of the world.
Here's a few links to make the time pass easier. Auf wiedersehen!
- New drug could cure nearly any viral infection - MIT: "researchers tested their drug against 15 viruses, and found it was effective against all of them... H1N1 influenza, a stomach virus, a polio virus, dengue fever and several other types of hemorrhagic fever."
- Vanity Fair's Michael Lewis on Germany as economic savior of Europe - A lengthy but fascinating read.
- Mike Meyers signs on for Austin Powers 4 - Oh good.
- Appeals court strikes down Obama's health insurance requirement as unconstitutional - Not surprising, but healthcare reform should would be nice. Someday.
- Russell Brand on the London riots - "These young people have no sense of community because they haven't been given one."