The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is an art book any WoW fan would be proud to have in their home. Here are some fashionable suggestions about what to do with it when you get it.
Cinematic Art provides a very pretty look at the behind-the-scenes development of WoW's well-received second expansion. There are over 200 pieces of artwork in the book – conceptual and developmental – as well as 75 exclusive pieces of original art. With backstory, character descriptions and lengthy explanations of the rendering and development of Lich King concept art into WoW's engine, this book makes for a good read as well as for sweet, sweet eye candy.
From right to left:
1) As a coffee table book – it's not a hardback, but it is loaded with amazing images that would appeal to more than just WoW fans.
2) Spice up your bookshelf – because you shouldn't be ashamed to show off your geekdom along with your obscure literature prefences.
3) Bathroom literature – for times when Smallville fanfiction just doesn't cut it.
4) Fix that pesky short leg of the kitchen table – -5 wobbliness, +10 chic.
5) A decorative bed for your pet snake – because if you're into dragons (and Lich has a lot of them) chances are you own a snake.
The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is published by Insight Editions and is already available on Amazon (despite the press release saying it won't be out ‘til March 11). The book retails for $29.95 – which is pretty cheap as coffee table books go.