Tonight's open thread falls on a Tuesday. And Tuesdays now carry revolving themes. In tonight's open thread, let's talk about what we've been watching, whether on TV, at the local cineplex or on stage at an off off off Broadway show.
Have a buried Netflix streaming gem you'd like to share? Some network broadcast favorite on the brink of cancellation? Share 'em with the group! (Just like last week.) Me, I've just watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels—the 1988 Frank Oz version—and lots of The Larry Sanders Show. I'll finally catch up to the rest of the world when The Social Network comes to casa de McWhertor tomorrow, courtesy of Netflix.
So, what have you been watching? Or perhaps you'd rather discuss the following?
- The NY Times reviews Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark - It's "not only the most expensive musical ever to hit Broadway; it may also rank among the worst."
- Google Translate comes to the iPhone - Handy freebie!
- How the world is getting fatter - Great interactive infographic of the ballooning of BMI.
- Star Wars Begins - So far, a very well done fan documentary full of insight.
- Pepsi to release new Diet Pepsi "skinny can" - A "celebration of beautiful, confident women." :|