Who has time to worry about playing video games when the city is being invaded by giant insects?
I was fully-prepared to declare this one of those ho-hum December weeks packed with digital goodness but not much else, when I remembered humanity’s battle against the bugs. One of my most favorite stupid video game series gets two new releases this week. Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of Despair is a remastered version of Earth Defense Force 2025 for the PlayStation 4, and Earth Defense Force 2 for the Vita is the long-awaited North American release of the second game in the series, Global Defense Force.
The series, which features soldiers taking on ridiculously large insects while destroying a city—err, trying to prevent its destruction—is one of the most stupidly entertaining things to do on a game console. I am so excited.
- Helldivers — PC
- Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow Of Despair — PS4
- Yakuza 5 — PS3
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space — Vita
- Among the Sleep — PS4 Digital
- Battle Trivia Knockout — PS3 Digital
- Bombing Busters — Vita (PS4 Cross-Buy)
- Guns, Gore and Cannoli — PS4 Digital
- The Four Kings Casino and Slots — PS4 Digital
- Zotrix — PS4 Digital
- Taco Master — Vita Digital
- Baseball Riot — Xbox One Digital
- FAST RACING NEO — WII U
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII — PC
- PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist — PC
- Devil’s Third — Wii U
- King’s Quest Episode II — PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Did I miss anything important? Anything you’re looking forward to on Steam or mobile? Sound off in the comments section.