Code-name no more, the official moniker for the Nintendo 3DS is...the Nintendo 3DS.
The NINTENDO 3DS is the Kyoto-base game company's successor to its wildly popular Nintendo DS line. It is Nintendo's fourth general handheld gaming system after the Game Boy, the Game Boy Advance and the Nintendo DS.
Here is what we know:
• The Nintendo 3DS is black and blue, red and black as well as black and, well, black.
• As promised, this is a glasses-free 3D device
• Two cameras on the outside of the device are for 3D picture taking
• There is a 3D depth slider on the side of the device
• The round nub analog stick is called the "Slide Pad"
• The bottom screen is a touch panel
• Below the touch screen are Select, Home and Start buttons
• Underneath the A, B, X, Y buttons is the handheld's power button
• It has a motion sensor and gyroscope
• The 3DS is compatible with Nintendo DSi
• There is a camera facing the player above the portable's 3D screen
• It has the ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers
• The 3DS launch game will be Kid Icarus: Uprising
• It is a powerful system, featuring improved graphics
• The 3DS periodically searches for WiFi spots and other 3DSs
• It offers easy online navigation
• There is no monthly fee for Nintendo's 3DS online access
• Nintendo is developing 3D Nintendogs
• More than twenty companies have signed on to develop for the 3DS
• The top screen is 3.5 inches
• Nintendo is aiming to have the 3DS's battery life to be the equivalent of the DSi's.
• Nintendo would not provide specifics on the effect of 3D on battery life
• Nintendo is remaking classic games, including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
• No cell phone carrier will be needed for the wireless functionally
• The stylus going in from the top part of the lower hinge unit
• Release date is TBA
• Price is TBA
The NINTENDO 3DS was first hinted at in an Asahi Newspaper article in January 2010. In an official release this past March, Nintendo said portable, then codenamed the Nintendo 3DS, would enable games to be "enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses".
Have a look at the handheld. These are the portable's specs. Check out this list of every announced 3DS game.