Tonight's open thread on Kotaku might (once again) be about super hero movies. Now that we've all gotten to take a peek at the X-Men: First Class trailer, it's probably the right time.
I seem to be in the minority about our first look at the new X-Men movie. Maybe it's that I grew up with a White Queen who didn't turn to diamond. Maybe it's that I don't know who Azazel is. Maybe it's that despite the appearance of JFK in the trailer, it doesn't look like it's set in the 1960s.
But most likely, it's the last two X-Men movies I saw. Man, they were terrible. And this new one seems frighteningly rushed. But io9's breakdown of the trailer certainly helped me overcome my post-2000 X-Men ignorance.
Meta Quest Pro
The Meta Quest Pro centers on working, creating, and collaborating in a virtual space.
What do you think? You don't want to talk about X-Men? Here are some other options.
- Captain America FUCK YEAH - I like this movie trailer a LOT better.
- The complete oral history of Party Down - Have I mentioned this show enough yet?
- NPR explores a burning question about girls - Why do they love horses, unicorns and dolphins?
- I've Got You Dumb Motherfuckers Eating Right Out Of My Hand By John Lasseter - Amazing op-ed by the Onion.
- What if Banksy wins the Oscar? - The Academy has a problem on its hands.