Patrick Stewart is a cool dude. I think we can all agree on that. He also played my favorite Star Trek captain and still looks damn good at 79 years old. Some recent photos from a Variety story caught my eye. So let’s have some fun with ol’ Stewart.
Your challenge this week: Take this image of Patrick Stewart and have some fun.
Add him to video games, movies, TV shows, comics, I don’t care. You could add him to Star Trek, I guess. But honestly, that’s pretty predictable so if you do go with that option, try to take it in a different direction.
Below is the image for you. I color corrected his head a bit so he doesn’t look so red in the face.
Next week I’ll pick a winner and hand out some awards!
Please note we’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.