Boo! Did I scare you!? Sorry. Well, there won’t be any more scares in this post. Today is, according to countless websites that track this stuff, National Paranormal Day. Let’s have some fun, with ghosts, aliens, and ghouls!
Your challenge this week: Create images featuring paranormal monsters, aliens, and creatures from video games.
You can use any video game ghost or goblin or monster you want. Also, don’t feel like you need to make something spooky. An alien eating a big cake isn’t spooky and is still paranormal.
BOO! Got you. I lied about no more scares.
Next week I’ll pick a winner and hand out some awards!
Please note that the image submissions rules have changed just a little bit. We’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.