It's getting tiresome, we know, and aside from a gifted minority most "gags" are an annoyance (at best), but so long as people still think April 1 is a green light for them to try and be funny, other people will read websites expecting news and items of interest and instead see lies.
To help you out, we'll be rounding up the most prominent fakes, jokes and attempted jokes throughout the day, listing them below. Those lucky few that are actually amusing come first. The rest, well. Yeah.
UPDATE - You know what? I've woken up this morning to see that, rather than toss out some cheap and easy lies, more companies than I'd have thought have actually put a ton of effort into this year's jokes. So I apologise for the snarkniness!
- This Fully-Playable 16-Bit Wonderland is Guild Wars 2's Idea of a Joke
- YouTube's been a competition all along
- Google Nose
- Google Treasure Maps
- Warhound added to Heart of the Swarm
- The Apple iPlay
- Football Manager 1888
- Crusader Kings Z
- Revision3 Media (Adam Sessler's outfit) parodies G4's rebranding with one of their own.
- Creepy Watson returns to the next Sherlock Holmes game.
- Batman Arkham City - 8-Bit Bats in the Belfry
- World of Tanks goes to the moon
- Introducing Minecraft 2.0
- Super Duper Street Fighter IV
- The RetroMator 4000
- Sega introduces "Goat Processing."
- Firmware update turns the Razer Naga gaming mouse into a phone.
- War Thunder: Ponies in the Sky.
- Deadpool gameplay trailer.
- Assassin's Creed: Zelda
- Half-Life 4
- Europa Universalis: The Musical. Oh, please no.
- Cute kid, but, really, White House? Really?