Is that gaming shelf of yours looking a little sparse? Missed out on a few modern classics? Been meaning to pick up a couple of games that grabbed your attention but were perhaps not quite worth full price? This year’s (two-day) Amazon Prime Day sale has some particularly excellent games worth grabbing at a discount, such as Elden Ring and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. But enough preamble, let’s get some cheap games in your hands.
2022’s Game of the Year at the Keighley’s, Elden Ring expands on the Dark Souls formula with an incredible open world that feels far more approachable than previous FromSoftware games. Indeed, Elden Ring was all we could think about last year.
A game with an epic comeback story, No Man’s Sky first premiered to lukewarm reception back in the 2010s, but countless updates introduced tons of new gameplay, improved the look and feel of the game, and added new features. Now No Man’s Sky is a galactic-scale experience like no other.
With a gorgeous art style that both captures and modernizes classic JRPG aesthetics, Octopath Traveler turned heads when its first chapter arrived in 2018. With a sequel now out, the series continues delivering visual charm.
In our review of zombie-slaying sim Dying Light 2, we described it as “a giant, beautiful sandbox filled with zombies that you get to explore using some of the best traversal gameplay I’ve experienced.” You’ll traverse its enormous world with parkour skills you can unlock and upgrade, and bashing the zombies is a delightfully gory experience.
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII may feature some questionable additions to Final Fantasy VII’s lore, but as we discussed in our review of the game’s remaster last year, it remains an excellent JRPG—especially on the go, as it was originally designed for bite-sized experiences on the PlayStation Portable.
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII Reunion is on sale for $34.99 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, and Switch on July 11 and 12.
An unexpectedly fun crossover, Mario Rabbids wasn’t afraid to take some chances with the legendary Nintendo franchise, and it damn sure paid off. With engaging, tactical gameplay and adorable creatures, Mario Rabbids: Sparks of Hope has a lot to offer.
Mario Rabbids: Sparks of Hope is on sale for the Nintendo Switch for $34.99 on both July 11 and 12.
Here are some other games on sale you may want to consider:
- Outriders (PS5, PS4) - $19.99 on July 11 and 12
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5) - $35.94 on July 11 and 12 (PS4, Xbox Series X) - $19.99 on July 11 and 12
- Life is Strange Arcadia Bay Collection (Switch) - $24.99 on July 11 only
- The Diofield Chronicle (PS5) - $34.07 on July 11 only (Xbox Series X, Switch) - $39.99 on July 11 only
- Nier: Automata - Game of the Yorha Edition (Switch) - $29.99 on July 11 and 12
- Valkyrie Elysium (PS5, PS4) - $29.99 on July 12 only
- One Piece Odyssey (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X) - $29.99 on July 11 and 12
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X) - $24.99 on July 11 and 12
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5, Xbox Series X) - $37.99 on July 11 and 12
- Forspoken (PS5) - $45.25 on July 11 and 12
So what discounted games are you looking to pick up?