So, they’re remaking Final Fantasy VII. It won’t be exactly the same and things will change. But what do you want in the game? Some Japanese gamers were asked just that.
Note: The answer to this poll might contain spoilers if you’ve never played FFVII.
According to My Navi, 444 of its readers were asked if they had played Final Fantasy VII. Out of that, 89 said, “yes.” That’s not a huge sample by any stretch, but the site then asked them what they wanted in the game. Here are the top five answers, with the percentage of those that answered:
5. Enhancing or improving Yuffie Kisaragi’s scenes - 9 percent
4. Enhancing or improving the game’s ending - 11.2 percent
3. Full voice acting - 13.5 percent
2. Adding more mini-games in the Gold Saucer - 20.2 percent
1. Adding an Aeris lives “route” (or storyline) - 32.6 percent
The first one shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Hope Square Enix doesn’t cave and offer an option for alternate Aeris storyline.
To contact the author of this post, write to bashcraftATkotaku.com or find him on Twitter@Brian_Ashcraft.
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.