Perhaps because they couldn't be bothered, perhaps because they were becoming a joke, we don't know. But The NPD Group have announced that they will no longer be releasing weekly PC sales charts.
We'll still get the monthly listings, but the weekly charts are no more. Leaving us with only the Steam and Direct2Drive charts as a weekly barometer for the spending habits of the PC gaming market.
So no more snide comments about World of Warcraft or The Sims, OK? From here on in, it's snide comments about Left 4 Dead and Counter-Strike Source.
PC Digital Download Charts For The Week Ending June 20
2. Empire: Total War
3. Left 4 Dead
5. The Elder Scrolls Game of the Year Pack
6. Counter-Strike: Source
7. Team Fortress 2
8. Killing Floor
9. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
10. The Orange Box
1. The Sims 3
2. The Sims 3 (Mac)
5. Civilization 4: Complete Edition
6. Fallout 3
7. Aion: The Tower of Eternity (Pre-Order)
8. Call of Duty 4
9. Mass Effect
10. Call of Duty: World at War