The most popular story we ran last week was the announcement of Pokémon Go. Quite the surprise. But what else stood out last week? Here are my favorite Kotaku stories from the past seven days:
- The Real Story Behind Metal Gear Solid V’s Awesome Balloons - Luke teaching history.
- Seven Reasons I Actually Love Mad Max - Nathan making a strong counter-argument.
- Apple’s So-Called Gaming Console Is A Major Bust - Jason explaining what’s really going on.
- Creator of ‘Hardest Super Mario World Level Ever’ Says Copyright Crackdown Gutted His YouTube Channel - Patricia covering the eternal drama of YouTubers, YouTube and game publishers.
- What To Do (And Not Do) This Week In Destiny 2.0 - Kirk helping lesser Guardians.
Videos you should watch!
Best headline of the week: New Strategy Game Lets You Talk People To Death
Best GIF, via this post:
Second best GIF that makes me laugh every time, even though the joke is sort of subtle, via this post:
Got thoughts about what we published last week or about stories you’d like to see on the site? Let me know.
Top image from Luke’s round-up of incredible Metal Gear cosplay. Check out the post for credits.