Earlier this week our own Brian Ashcraft celebrated the President-Obama-loves-anime meme. Now we elevate it.
Surely you saw this coming. You might not have imagined I would splash a slightly modified version of justaskkeikaku's animated GIF, but the signs were all there.
See? Even codexcdm got it. He's probably got twenty images of Obama mixed with anime already. You guys have a lot of catching up to do.
The rules are simple—demonstrate how big a fan of anime my country's leader is by combining visual images. Do try to keep it clean and in good fun, as the Secret Service is poised to tackle any one of us at a moment's notice. And do try to get your entries in by Saturday. The President is a busy man.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.