Last week a Tokyo jeweler covered a Darth Vader helmet in gold, leading to at least two obvious questions—why just the helmet, and why only Vader? Surely the entire extended Star Wars cast is deserving a shiny metal makeover.
Ginza Tanaka may have had good intentions, but he fell way short of his completely assumed goal of making Star Wars characters look like they should be stolen out of a car and taken to a seedy pawn shop to be sold for blow or smack or whatever it is the kids are getting crazy with these days.
Your task, should you chose to accept it, is to pick up where he left off. Why not Boba Fett? Why not platinum? Where are the jewels? Can a smuggler be frozen in something other than carbonite and fastened to a chain of some sort?
Here’s another shot of the Vader helmet for inspiration.
Almost, but not quite. Your turn. You have until May the fourth, minus two days. I tried.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Images via Getty Images