Thanksgiving is over, and you all know what comes next—a Photoshop contest involving decorating your favorite gaming images for Christmas.
We skipped a week due to the holidays, but this week we’re getting back at them for it. Today’s games are wonderful and immersive and all sorts of amazing buzzwords, but they’re generally not all that festive. We can change this. We have the power.
The task is simple. Find a screenshot or promotional image you think could use a little sprucing up and deck those virtual halls. Mistletoe, colorful lights, actual spruce trees—be subtle or make it look like one of those pop-up holiday stores exploded. Feel free to represent whichever winter holiday you celebrate, unless it’s Wintereenmas, because that’s stupid.
Who’s ready to get festive up in here?
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be playfully spanked.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
Contact the author of this post by placing a note in a tasteful gift, at firstname.lastname@example.org or find him on Twitter @bunnyspatial.