And not only does Nier: Automata’s upcoming DLC let you battle Square Enix exec Yosuke Matsuda, but also Platinum Games honcho Kenichi Sato.
The downloadable content, dubbed “3C3C1D119440927,” comes with three different costumes as well as arena battles with rewards to the winners.
According to Square Enix, those rewards include:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
Sadly, you cannot dress up Square Enix boss Yosuke Matsuda in these outfits. You can, however, fight Matsuda, who was last seen as a boss in the FFXV “Mystery Disc” demo. (Oh, and around the Square Enix offices.)
This time around, he and Sato spray the screen with their heads.
They seem like tough bosses!
3C3C1D119440927 will be out May 2 in Japan on the PS4 and Steam for 1,500 yen (US$13.80), while Square Enix says it’s “coming soon” to North America. No word yet on pricing.
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.