Facts About Cats
Let's face it. The internet is really just a cat-glorification machine. If you ever wanted to learn a bit of trivia about these perplexingly prolific pets, Mental Floss is here to help with a video detailing 36 cat facts.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- The CIA trained a "spy cat" that cost $20 million, and let it loose in Russia. A taxi ran over the cat and killed it shortly thereafter.
- Edison made the first cat video in 1894, and included boxing felines.
- Mary Todd Lincoln once said that her husband's hobbies included cats.
- The British Government employs over 100,000 cats to keep mice populations under control.
- The mayor the town of Talkeetna, Alaska is a cat. His name is Stubbs.
- Hairballs were at one time thought to be a panacea, and some were even coated with gold.
You're reading Numbers, a blog on Kotaku that examines games and culture through the lens of math and statistics. To contact the author of this post, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or find him on Twitter @dcstarkey.