Patch 6.2 is shaping up nicely in World of Warcraft’s test realms, and while there’s no release date yet, it should be out in the next few weeks. It’ll be one of the biggest content patches Blizzard ever made for the game, including a new max level zone, naval missions, a new raid, a new dungeon difficulty and “Timewalking mode”. So a little preparation won’t hurt.
YouTuber Asmongold has a few tips for that. They’re all general ones, and might be useful even for players who dropped the game after reaching level 100, but now wanna come back for the new content.
Here’s a breakdown of all the tips from Asmongold’s video:
- Cap out on Apexis Crystals. In Warlords of Draenor, the main currency besides gold is Apexis, and it’ll be even more important in patch 6.2. Gear, mounts, pets, and new followers are all available for these Crystals. There’s even a new flying mount (the perfect thing for an expansion where flying is disabled) for 150,000 crystals. The cap right now is 60,000 and reaching it means you can immediately buy a lot of stuff in Tanaan Jungle.
- Get 1,000 Pet Charms. New rewards are added to the Pet Menagerie in patch 6.2. These can be bought with Pet Charms, so if you care about Pet Battles, you need somewhere around a 1,000 of these to buy all the different new rewards.
- Build a level 2 Mage Tower. As mentioned above, after the patch, you’ll need Apexis Crystals more than ever. Building a Mage Tower in your Garrison will let your create work orders that reward extra crystals.
- Reroll your followers’ abilities to “Treasure Hunter” or “Scavenger”. Instead of more follower content, in patch 6.2 we’ll go on naval missions, so everything in there, except gold and Garrison Resources, will be pretty much useless. To make the best use of the followers, reroll their abilities to Scavenger, which increases resources gained from a mission by 100% and Treasure Hunter, which increases gold gained from a mission by 100%.
- Save ”Rush Work Orders” scrolls. Save as much of these items as possible. The output of work orders in all Garrison buildings are doubled in 6.2. Rush Work Order scrolls allow instant completion of five work orders so using these when the patch is live will be more efficient.
- Get caught up with the Legendary Ring quest. The Legendary Ring’s going to get an upgrade again so there’s no reason not to do the quest chain if you haven’t done it yet.
- Stock up crafting materials. New crafting levels are added in the patch, and the new powerful items are using the same materials as the current ones. It’ll be much easier to make gold on the Auction House if you have the materials and can craft the new items right away.
- Don’t worry about gear. The new patch is sort of a soft reset for gear. iIt’ll be relatively easy to get much better items (around item level 695) compared to the current ones. So don’t spend Apexis Crystals or gold on the Auction House or at the vendors for gear, just wait for the patch.
To contact the author of this post, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org