The results are in for Rockstar's choose your own Red Dead Redemption preorder outfit, but you're not getting your Deadly Assassin just by entering a code. This here's the Wild West, and you're gonna have to jump through some hoops.
Not only does the Deadly Assassin outfit look damn fine, it also allows your character in Red Dead Redemption to use his Dead Eye targeting feature twice as often in combat, which sounds like a mighty nice bonus. The sort of mighty nice bonus you're going to have to work for.
Here are the steps you'll need to take to obtain that handy getup.
- Win a Duel in Armadillo – Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept the challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.
- Capture or Kill Mo Van Barr – While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission and bring this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice, dead or alive.
- Solve the Mystery of the Missing Townsfolk – People have been disappearing for weeks from the outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve the mystery and live to tell the tale.
- Search Coot's Chapel – Find the ruins of Coot's chapel in the wilds of Cholla Springs, and search it for treasure.
- Complete the Twin Rocks Hideout – Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks, located North of the town of Armadillo, to complete this final challenge.
Once you do all that, you'll be the finest looking hombre this side of the Mississippi, and a deadly shot to boot.
Red Dead Redemption will be released on May 18 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.