Silent Hills may be dead, but even that can’t stop Metal Gear Solid designer Hideo Kojima and filmmaker Guillermo del Toro from reuniting this February at the DICE summit in Las Vegas.
You’ve probably seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but chances are you didn’t pick up on what appears to be a shoutout to Metal Gear designer Hideo Kojima.
Last year certainly didn’t seem like fun for Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima. But that was 2015. This is 2016.
When Hideo Kojima announced his new studio the other day, he did so by showing off a very fancy new 2D logo. Which artist Jarold Sng has decided to unofficially flesh out a little.
Looks like no one can keep Hideo Kojima from the next big gaming awards show. The newly-independent Metal Gear mastermind is slated to be inducted to the AIAS Hall of Fame at the DICE Awards on February 18. No word on livestreaming yet. Presenting will be Kojima’s old Silent Hills partner Guillermo Del Toro.
Throughout 2015, just when you thought things couldn’t get any more bizarre for Konami, they did. Let’s take a look back at the weirdness that was Konami in 2015.
Former pachinko star Hideo “Big Boss” Kojima officially parted ways with Konami this week. Let’s talk about it!
“When working in big companies, especially Japanese companies, every little thing has to be approved beforehand, and you need paperwork to do anything,” says ex-Konami employee Hideo Kojima in a new interview with The New Yorker. “Now that I’m independent, I can do what I want with much more speed. I don’t need to…
Sony just made it official: former Konami superstar (and Metal Gear creator) Hideo Kojima has grown a beard. Oh, and formed a new studio, which is working with Sony on a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
After a year full of rumors, the Kojima/Konami saga appears to be coming to a close, with the Japanese newspaper Nikkei reporting that Hideo Kojima’s time with the company has finally ended.
Yoichi Wada, who used to run Square Enix, has chimed in, giving his opinion on how Konami has allegedly been behaving towards Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima.
Imagine, for a second, that you work for the U.S. or European branch of Konami. It’s a cool job—you get to handle marketing, social media, or maybe business relations for a big company that publishes some cool games. Until suddenly you find yourself entangled in one of the worst PR disasters in video game history. And…
Metal Gear designer Hideo Kojima was apparently not allowed to attend tonight’s Game Awards, per an announcement by host Geoff Keighley. A lawyer for Konami reportedly barred Kojima from attending, nor accept his awards. The Phantom Pain’s Kiefer Sutherland accepted one of Metal Gear’s awards on his behalf. When the…
Tonight in Tokyo, Sony held its annual PlayStation Awards ceremony. Some of gaming’s most famous game developers gathered on stage to get awards for their games. Hideo Kojima did not.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has proven to be a hit, selling five million copies worldwide. According to today’s Nikkei, the Tokyo-based fitness company has began internal talks about the next Metal Gear title.
THR has a great interview with John Carpenter up on their site, and tucked away neatly in one corner of it is some interesting stuff about a Metal Gear lawsuit that never was.
Earlier today, The New Yorker published a story reporting that Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima parted ways with Konami earlier this month. The Tokyo based game company is denying this report, saying that Hideo Kojima is still an employee and is currently “on vacation.”
According to The New Yorker, Hideo Kojima’s last day at Konami was Friday, October 9. Kojima’s farewell party was reportedly a “cheerful but also emotional goodbye.” The publication says Kojima’s non-compete extends to sometime in December. For more details on what went down, you should read the piece.
I’ve spent the last week playing through the multiplayer portion of Metal Gear Solid V—and I gotta say, despite the initial launch hiccups, I’m pretty sure I like it better than the base game.