What. A. Letdown. Japanese site Anime Portal polled fans in Japan, asking them which Spring 2016 shows disappointed them the most. Nearly a thousand votes were cast (954, to be exact), and here are the ten that garnered the most, well, disappointment.
I guess these are shows people in Japan were looking forward to, but when they saw them, they didn’t feel as though they were satisfying for whatever reason.
Anyway, have a look:
10. Asterisk War Second Season: 30 votes
9. Endride: 33 votes
8. Terra Formars Revenge: 34 votes
6. Cerberus: 37 votes
6. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless: 37 votes
5. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: 42 votes
4. Ace Attorney: 61 votes
3. Bungo Stray Dogs: 98 votes
2. The Lost Village: 128 votes
1. My Hero Academia: 150 votes
The fascinating thing is comparing these results to our reader poll which gauged your favorite anime of this past spring. It’s like the complete opposite.
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.