This week, Backhanded Box Quotes wrangles with the disappointment faced by diehard Kid Icarus fans upon the arrival of their long-awaited sequel—and an appeal for calm and reason by someone who sounds suspiciously like a company ringer.
Kid Icarus Uprising
Released: March 23
Critic: solidandrew (Metacritic).
• "Okay boys, here's the real lowdown on Kid Icarus: it sucks!"
• "[An] embarrassment to Sakurai's name"
• "[Leaves] me worrying about the next Smash Brothers"
• "BUY THIS GAME."
• "Support Nintendo for its original, fresh ideas like this. If this flops, it's YOUR fault if Nintendo doesn't take chances on new franchises."
I Am Alive
Released: March 7
Critic: yigalzr (Metacritic).
• "I will finish with a personal message for Stanislas Mettra, regarding his comment about 'PC gamers are **** [Editor's Note: Pissed? Bitching? Fuck?] about there being no version for them,' you may definitely keep this piece of crap to yourself, we (PC games) don't need it."
• "4.5 is way more than this crap deserves."
Critic: Iamthecell (Metacritic).
• "The game is awful."
• "Bland looking and BORING."
• "Worst purchase I've made in a while."
Released: March 13
Critic: TheKerbinator (Metacritic).
• "The 1 out of 10 I [gave] it is in fact generous as it deserved more of a zero."
• "Don't buy this game it will cause you anger."