Some gamers are very good at video games. Some are just awful. And that's okay! Still, there must be common traits of crummy gamers, and that's what a recent thread of Japan's largest bulletin board, 2ch, tried to pin down.
The name of the thread was "Common Traits of Zero Gaming Aptitude", and the forum users compiled a list of what exactly those traits were. Here are some:
• They're not serious enough
• They don't read the instructions
• In fighting games, they keep jump kicking for the heck of it
• They break the PSP analog stick
• When they turn the wheel, their whole body turns
• They mash buttons
• They get killed by the first Goomba in Mario
• They play while looking at a walkthrough
• They look at the controller when pressing buttons
• Their finger movement has no sense of rhythm
• They think games are toys
• When they're about to lose, they reset
• They think all there is to Pokémon is Attack
I agree with some of these—and some of these I think most people are guilty of (hello, walkthroughs). And before you think, damn, 2ch users are way too strict, after some of the above comments, the commenter added a "like me" or "like I do".
Are there any traits that are missing? Anything that you are guilty of?
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.