There are a lot of big things that I like about The Witcher 3. But this game is full of charming moments and cool little details, too.
As I’ve been playing through for a second time, I’ve been paying closer attention to the smaller things. I thought I’d share some of my favorites.
1. Geralt’s shitty sense of humor:
2. This painting Dandelion has up at his tavern:
3. That Geralt tucks his hair into his bear-school armor:
4. The fact that a certain tattoo can carry over from The Witcher 2:
5. That there is a character named “Hierarch Hemmelfart”:
6. This conversation, out of context:
7. That there are actually seven cats outside “The Seven Cats Inn”:
(And that the sign for the inn looks like this):
8. That mutton chops can be “friendly,” and that barbers in the Northern Kingdoms know what a soul patch is:
9. Geralt’s wordless interaction with Nibbles the cat:
10. That you can take too many potions and do a romance scene looking like a corpse:
11. That this is Geralt’s idea of a cunning disguise:
12. That sunrise is at 3AM and gets earlier as you go north:
13. How Yen’s sense of humor is even shittier than Geralt’s:
14. How Geralt sometimes brrr’s his lips at Roach like a horse:
15. Actually, pretty much everything about Roach:
To contact the author of this post, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.