It’s April! March is over, but Famitsu has Japanese sales figures for the most successful games, hardware, and game companies of the past month.
For the period of February 27 to March 26, here are the top five selling games in Japan:
5. 1-2-Switch (Switch) - 138,790 copies
4. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PS4) - 139,873 copies
3. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 167,756 copies
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 307,621 copies
1. Monster Hunter XX (3DS) - 1,270,332 copies
For that same period, are two biggest selling consoles:
2. Nintendo 3DS - 159,402 units (last month, the Nintendo 3DS was number two at 114,985 units sold)
1. Nintendo Switch - 524,371 units (last month, the PlayStation 4 was number one at 140,068 units sold)
And finally, here are the Japanese game companies with the most games sold at retail during that same period:
3. Square Enix - 278,000 copies
2. Nintendo - 731,000 copies
1. Capcom - 1,308,000 copies
Oh, I wonder what April will bring. Probably more sales figures!
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.