My annual interviews with Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime are upbeat affairs. He’s always feeling good about the line-up and remains unruffled as I pepper him with as many questions about as many topics as I can squeeze in.
Last year, Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime made a shocking confession: he sucked at Smash Bros. But he swore he’d be back a year later to kick some ass, and true to his word, return today he did. He just forgot the part about kicking ass.
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime is many things, but until now, he couldn't put being a Super Smash Bros. stage on his resume. That's changed, thanks to a creative player who transformed the executive into a great spot for Mario, Link, and others to beat each other up.
Remember that in February, Nintendo declared the "Year of Luigi." Unless they were retroactively declaring January to be a Month of Luigi, too, this proclamation should extend into 2014—and Reggie Fils-Aime, the Nintendo of America president, said today it does.
Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime says he wants more Dragon Quest. That's great! Bring'em over!
Nintendo of America's Twitter account, normally home to perfectly sane product announcements, got a little weird this evening when President Reggie Fils-Aime took over. Our bodies weren't ready.
Nintendo has to compete with two more machines this fall, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, both launching in November. It's part of Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime's job description to be unfazed by that. Here's his take on the pending competition:
Nintendo will be launching a new portable gaming system in October. It's called the Nintendo 2DS. It's a 3DS without the 3D, and it's shaped like a thin piece of cake.
Nintendo's home console can be yours for just $299.99 starting September 20, the house of Mario announced today. That's a $50 price cut for a console that's about to get a steady flow of Nintendo-made games but that's been struggling to sell at even half the pace of its predecessor.
"If [Sakurai] wants, my body is ready." That's Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime, answering a fan question a month ago about whether he'd be in the next Smash Bros. game. Now, there's a petition asking creator Masahiro Sakurai to actually add Fils-Aime as a playable character—and it's got almost 7000 signatures. [via CVG]
A month ago, Nintendo played the unfeeling corporate villain in an online spat about popular Let's Play videos and the gamers who make them. A month later, there is evidence of a possible resolution.
In a season of new Mario Karts and Donkey Kong Country games Nintendo hears the calls from supporters and critics to make something new. Their answer: we're already doing it.
Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America, is aware of all the Wii U skepticism. He's certainly aware of mine and the fact that there's a $400 PlayStation 4 bearing down on his $350 32GB Wii U this fall. Plus an Xbox. What, him worry?
The Wii U is not the last of the first wave of high-def consoles that began with 2005's Xbox 360 and 2006's PlayStation 3, according to Reggie Fils-Aime. It's the first of what comes next.
Before working the line at Nintendo World's Wii U campout, Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime went back on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to show off the new console and play a couple of games, Metroid Blast in NintendoLand, and New Super Mario Bros. U.
Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime did the Jimmy Fallon show on Friday, got some dinner and then... he took a stroll to the Nintendo World Store. He found more than 50 people camped out to pick up the Wii U at midnight Saturday night. I tagged along to see what happened.