During yesterday's PlayStation Experience keynote speech, Square Enix took the stage to disappoint the hell out of everyone in front of a Final Fantasy VII logo. It could have been worse. How? Our 'Shop Contest participants will show you.
The PC port of Final Fantasy VII is coming to the PlayStation 4 this spring. That's not what we thought Final Fantasy producer Shinji Hashimoto was going to say. We were expecting news of a remake, or maybe a sequel, or really anything but this.
Fine. We'll look on the bright side then. At least he didn't announce...
That's where you folks come in.
You've got a stage, a man, and two screens to play with. Make us sad.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.