All the dragon-riding and hack-and-slashing a growing action role-playing fan needs arrives with Square Enix's Drakengard 3 for the PlayStation 3 on May 20. Want to see what comes in the collector's edition? Maybe you should preorder first.
Before we worry about expensive collector's editions, let's talk about tiered timed preorders. Doesn't that sound like fun? Square Enix has set up three tiers of preorders for Drakengard 3. In order to receive the Japanese voice DLC for the game, fans must preorder before March 4. That's the first tier. Those who preorder after March 4 but before April 8 only get tiers two and three — unannounced bonuses — and after April 8 only the third tier.
Here, they made a chart.
My head hurts. Moving on, here is the collector's edition, priced at $79.99, limited to 5,000 copies and only available through Square Enix's online store.
- All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
- The Complete Novella
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero's sister, One, in this additional level
- Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster
I'll just be picking up the $49.99 normal edition, I should think. I am glad to see Drakengard 3 make it stateside, but not that glad.