Part of Destiny's gameplay formula is finding and grabbing loot amidst all the sci-fi gunplay. But some of the loot chests in the beta are shinier and cooler than the others, bestowing special rewards to players that find them all. Here's where the good stuff is.
The guide to the golden chests—which can be found in the beta's Story or Explore missions—comes from PS4 player Mercenary09, who shows the locations. If you can't watch the video, here's a quick rundown:
- Restoration: go up a set of stairs, through a room, on a desk and there's a golden chest
- The Dark Within, during the Wizard boss fight: through the ceiling in an adjacent room, across the opening you entered in and around through a back corner and, presto, chest.
- Forgotten Shores: through a cave with a small waterfall in front of it, chest is behind a big rock.
- Forgotten Shores again: facing the broken pier, run down the shoreline underneath the pier until you reach a set of low rocks. Jump up the rocks and find the chest.
- During the Devil's Lair boss fight: go underneath the platform to the right and the chest will be waiting for you.
Loot hunts like these will probably be a big part of Destiny's final retail version, so consider grabbing these five shiny treasures practice for now.