We've been doing a lot of cosplay in the 'Shop Contest lately, but Gary, King of Nintendo 64, is too obvious a royal subject to pass up this week.
I really shouldn't have to make any suggestions when you're dealing with a guy who has a suit of armor made from at least three Nintendo 64s, plus at least a couple dozen cartridges. And I'm sure you're already scheming something up, so let's just get right to it.
Source Image: Gary, King of Nintendo 64.
Reminder: There's a new forum for 'Shop Contest submissions that will display them in the chronological order familiar to the contest under our old comments format. I've gone ahead and set up the forum with one of our patented Kotaku block arrows showing you where this week's submissions begin. When I judge the entries for the roundup I'll close it out with another arrow later in the week.
Because of this, comments are disabled in this post to avoid confusion. You must visit the 'Shop Contest Forum to participate After you create your 'Shop, you'll need to post it there. Here are the rest of the guidelines for doing so.
1. Go to the 'Shop Contest Forum
2. Click "Add Image" in the upper right above the comment window.
3. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
4. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
5. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
6. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!