Shigeru, Satoru and Reggie rolled up on the set in L.A. for what figures to be a big E3 for Nintendo. In this picture tweeted yesterday by Nintendo of America, the company's three big honchos all united for one Triforce brofist outside what appears to be the Nokia Theater, where we're going to get a full reveal of the Wii U on Tuesday. Perfect fodder for a 'Shopping spree!
I don't have to give much advice on this one. Miyamoto has been a favored 'shop subject long predating our contest. Reggie may have the most appearances in the 'Shop Contest outside of Asshole Dog from Duck Hunt or Mr. Bad Dudes. Everyone here probably already knows what to do.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!