The full run of downloadable content for Max Payne 3 is available for pre-order starting today, two weeks before the game's console release (and about a month before it's PC release). All of it is multiplayer, and all of it can be bought in one $30 gulp if you don't want to buy it all a la carte. That's a savings of 35%, the game's creators at Rockstar revealed today. To get it, you'll have to buy the game's Rockstar Pass over Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and somehow (eventually) through your PC.
Here's the DLC schedule for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3:
- Local Justice Map Pack: "Dubbed "Local Justice," the Map Pack includes the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more." [Editor's note: We've explained the story-based Gang Wars 16-player mode and the 8-player Payne Killer mode in our multiplayer preview of the game's multiplayer.]
- Disorganized Crime Map Pack
- Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack
- Hostage Negotiation Map Pack
- New York Minute Co-Op Pack [Editor's note: Co-op? We haven't seen a second of co-op from this game. Interesting.]
- Painful Memories Map Pack
- Trickle Down Economics Map Pack
Rockstar Games has released a lot of DLC for its major games. This is the first time the company has only outlined a plan for multiplayer DLC. We did give you the heads up: Rockstar is dead serious about multiplayer in their new game, and with good reason.