Hello team Kotaku, and welcome to your mid-week open thread! The open thread was telling me that it missed you the last couple nights, and that it's so glad to be back with you.
It's been a cool week so far, both in San Francisco and at Kotaku. It rained some, which was desperately needed, and then it stopped raining and got sunny again. Good story, right?
Here, as always, are a lot of stories culled from the entirety of the world wide web.
- Once more with feeling, that amazing crowdsourced Star Wars fan film - You guys, this is so good it gives me faith in humanity.
- New Auto-Tune the News starring Newt! - Cash money! Make those kids work!
- You gotta watch "Archetype," the no-budget sci-fi film - Super excellent.
- St. Vincent covers Pearl Jam's "Black" - Awesome.
- An amazing Star Wars Nursery
- Moby Dick typed out on Toilet Paper - You, too, can be in the running to buy this, for a starting bid of $999.
- "What your favorite blog says about you." - Hey, we're on here. Our entry could have been funnier. What should it have said?
- Richard Lawson says people are using IMDb boringly - Yeah, people are kind of boring.
- Real-life married couple Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally are amazing - This completes our Weekly Parks & Rec Thing.
- "Arrested Downton" - It was only a matter of time, given how much these two shows have in common.
- Chuck Klosterman writes a weird, cynical article about music - Did I mention that it's weird.
- Here is Janelle Monae singing "Cold War" - More intensity.
And that's that! Have good chatting, people.