With the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show beginning, in a sense, tomorrow, portions of Kotaku are already in Las Vegas, ready to eat, drink and write—just no gambling. So, let's talk about Vegas.
As we do (almost) every night, take part in a little off-topic conversation while Mr. Crecente and I find some steakhouse or sushi bar where we can gorge upon foods trucked hundreds of miles to the desert. We'll be staying at the lovely(?) Sahara hotel and casino, an establishment that I have never been inside. We rarely stay in luxury accommodations (Imperial Palace, Flamingo, for example) but this may be our least luxurious stay ever. Yay!
While we dine, please talk about these things and others.
- Women laughing alone with salad - Surprised that this wasn't someone's Tumblr.
- Haiti, one year later - NY Times on the country's continuing struggle.
- Virginia DMV Revokes World's Greatest License Plate - That headline is not an exaggeration.
- Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V - That's sexy. You know, for a toy.
- Meet Phoenix Jones, Seattle's masked vigilante - Quick! To the Jonesmobile!