Might as well get this over with. Lightsabers. Photoshop. Go.
I know there's a lot of Star Wars happening right now, but I couldn't ignore the design of the evil red laser sword in the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The internet is already filling up with 'shopped versions of the cross-guarded lightsaber, so we'd best get our licks in while we can.
The theme is "Why stop there?" Here's a still from the trailer to play with.
Though feel free to use any image of a Star Wars character wielding a lightsaber — or any character, really — just as long as the weapon is rendered somewhat stupid.
The deadline is next Friday at midnight. Enjoy figuring out glow effects!
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.