I get it, lots of people hate preorder bonuses. The only thing they hate more is retailer-specific preorder bonuses. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham features six different retailer-specific incentives, but only one is a Plastic Man minifig. Which retailer gets it? Oh you know.
Keychains? Feh. Mini-sets? No reason I couldn't build them myself. A digital comic? Are you serious? GameStop wants none of that crap, which is why its the only retailer offering the Plastic Man minifig, hopefully in large enough quantities that there are some left over after the employees take theirs.
When it comes to LEGO game preorder bonuses, minifigs are the way to go. They're adorable, uniform in size and shape, and there are collectors who will pay a pretty penny for them, should you be so inclined.
Here's a rundown of what you can expect to score based on your retailer preference.
- Amazon – Recycled LEGO Batgirl Keychain
- Best Buy – LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Digital Comic Book by Comixology
- GameStop – LEGO Plastic Man Minifigure
- Target – LEGO Batwing Miniset
- Toys "R" Us – Recycled LEGO The Joker Keychain
- Walmart – LEGO Tumbler Miniset I'm pretty sure I saw in a Target checkout line
Or we could just not preorder at all and break this vicious cycle once and for all. That'll work!