BioShock Infinite's underwhelming cover art revived the concept Mega64 brought to our attention three months ago: If you're making a video game, chin-down, eyes-up is the way to go for every cover subject.
Well, I think it should be the way all images should be presented, at least for this edition of the Kotaku 'Shop Contest. So that is your mission this week. Give me the box art for a game I am imagining, a game entitled Chin Down, Eyes Up.
Or a gameplay screen. Your call. It could be an anthology release of chin-down eyes-up covers. It could be the MVP of the chin-down eyes-up league in Chin Down Eyes Up 2013, although that's just a roster update and not worth the annual release. It could be a Smash Bros./Sonic & All Stars style ensemble of all the great Chin Down Eyes Up cover stars. If the game is about walking around Chin Down, Eyes Up, would its cover necessarily be the inverse of that? Go to town.
Here are the rest of the guidelines for entering.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the comments beneath this post and click "reply."
3. Click "Add Image" in the comment window.
4. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
5. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
6. Add editorial commentary (you can't post an image without some kind of text in the comment field), then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!