Greetings Kotaku-eers, and welcome to another late-night open thread. How was your Thanksgiving? Good, I hope? Snag some good Black Friday deals? Maybe you managed to grab some of these terrific Cyber Monday discounts?
For my part, I'm back in San Francisco wishing I'd brought some leftovers home with me. I'd kill for a good turkey & mayo sandwich.
At any rate, the thread is open to you! Here are your usual conversation-starters and random fun things from Internetville.
- Louis C.K. will return to Parks & Recreation - The star of one of my favorite shows returns to my other favorite show. Hooray!
- The 1940's movie star who invented the Cell Phone - Neat story.
- A new look at why Japan surrendered during WWII - In which the common wisdom that Japan surrendered due to the atomic bombings is challenged.
- The best fake Arnold Schwarzenegger DVD commentary ever made - Oh, you say that's real commentary, that that's actually him? Well. I don't have the movie on DVD, but if that's actually Arnie then this is even more amazing than I thought.
- Speaking of Total Recall, there is a remake in the works - Really? Yes, really. It stars Colin Farrell, who after In Bruges can do no wrong for me. And also, Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston as the villain! So.. maybe not all bad?
Here's Wes Montgomery with the Wynton Kelly Trio - They're playing the tune "No Blues" off the album "Smokin' at the Half Note," which is one of the greats. So swinging.
That's that! Chat away, and have a nice evening.