Hello and welcome to another week of off topic-ing at Kotaku! I was gone last night, so I hope you found somewhere to talk about things. Maybe on your couch, with your roommates (or a therapist). Maybe sitting in front of a roaring fire speaking with your magic talking labrador. Maybe sobbed into your ex's voicemail for the fifteenth time that night.
But tonight, you've got a safe outlet once more. Here are some conversation-starters and other randomania I found around the internet.
- Battlestar's Bear McCreary is teaming up with the Deathklok guy for a Freddie Mercury benefit concert - what the hell, what was that sentence I just typed? There were so many awesome things in it I'm having trouble processing.
- Stephen Colbert visits Occupy Wall Street - …dressed as Che. That's really all there is to say about it.
- Bank of America backs off plans to add a debit card fee - and keep my business as a result! For now.
- You've probably seen it, but Steve Jobs' sister's eulogy for him is pretty great - yeah.
- Lots of inventors are trying to make "the new snuggie" - but hey, unless it's a wearable, wheelbarrowable sleeping bag, I'm not interested in it.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates talks about "The Rage of a Privileged Class" - Ta Nehisi is super cool. You should read his stuff.
- There is a new bad lip-reading, and it's for Herman Cain - Partly because I'm officially obsessed with BLR, and partly because anything involving Herman Cain is generally hilarious and this is no exception.
So there is some stuff! I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.