Greetings, Kotaku readers. Can I interest you in a little bit of off topic conversation? Good, because I've already opened this open thread and I'd hate to see it go to waste.
Obviously, the big news of the day for nerds is that Nike is finally getting around to releasing a legit version of the Nike Mag, the sci-fi shoes Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future 2. The jeans of sneakerheads worldwide were creamed following the official announcement, right up until the point where it was learned that only the people willing to spend serious, serious cash on these things would ever have the chance to own them. I'm way out of the sneaker game myself, but I think it's an interesting development. More details in the links below...
Anyone saving up for a pair?
Of course, you're free to talk about anything, even video games, so have at it.
- Sneeze Fetishists Divided Over Sexiness of Contagion - Old, but delightfully disturbing. Who knew there were sneeze fetishists?
- Nike is making the Mag, based on Marty McFly's futuristic shoes from Back to the Future 2 - 1500 pairs to be auctioned off for charity. Amazing.
- Mel Gibson, Joe Esterszhas team up for an unusual project - Apocalypto director and Showgirls writer on "the telling of the heroic story of Jewish warrior Judah Maccabee." Huh.
- Everybody freak out! - "Counterterrorism officials on Thursday were assessing a new report of a threat of an attack in New York City or Washington using a car or truck bomb, timed to the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks."
- Yahoo's ousted CEO not afraid to drop a couple F-bombs in wake of firing - Do not fuck with Carol Bartz.