Now that the beta test for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is in full swing, commenter B-Money kicks off a discussion of its pros and cons in today's triumphant episode of Speak Up on Kotaku.
Uncharted 3 beta thoughts:
1) Having a sprint button is awesome
2) New melee sucks (is there even a counter button anymore?)
3) Having R2 for reloading is unusual to say the least
4) You know those extra perks you get the option to buy if you pick the map everyone voted for? You shouldn't have to shell out for them more than once IMO. They aren't particularly game changing, but they cost $10,000-$20,000 per use, which is ridiculous.
5) Hit detection is off. A lot.
6) The new co-op mode is pretty good, but the spamming of RPGs is ridiculous. Seriously, my group lost all of our lives in the second round due to the constant RPG use.
7) Another problem I've been having with co-op has to do with the siege mode. Sometimes, the game says someone joined when they did not, which makes completing the siege literally impossible.
8) Major props for not only allowing split screen play, but allowing two different PSN IDs to be used. I think U3 is the first game to accomplish that on the PS3.
9) Is three TDM any good? Still haven't gotten into a match of that.
The beta's already been patched once, so I'm expecting more improvements to be made before it ends. As of right now, the game is decent, but certainly not the best MP experience on the PS3 like the team intended
About Speak Up on Kotaku: Our readers have a lot to say, and sometimes what they have to say has nothing to do with the stories we run. That's why we have a forum on Kotaku called Speak Up. That's the place to post anecdotes, photos, game tips and hints, and anything you want to share with Kotaku at large. Every weekday we'll pull one of the best Speak Up posts we can find and highlight it here.